Saturday, October 13, 2012

I believe in miracles

On Monday I was walking in Royal Botanical Garden in Melbourne admiring cacti, flowers and trees and today I went digging out Jerusalem artichokes (maa-artisokka) from Mom's plot. Not a low FODMAP food, but hey, I'll take my chances - the soup that I just had was yummy!

The autumn in Finland is beautiful. This is because all the leaves are orange, yellow and sometimes even red, so even when it's not so sunny, it's quite bright out there. I'm about to head off to my friend's place for sauna afternoon in this lovely scenery. I'm happy to take a break from uni assignments. ;)

I will be posting still more on Melbourne as soon as I get these assignments somewhat sorted. For I am feeling like my blood pressure started its elevation sometime yesterday. This morning it jumped even higher. Deadline, lectures, weigh management course, uni courses, FODMAP assignments, discussions online... Luckily, I also realized on Wednesday (when enjoying my first sauna after many, many months) that I love what I do and I love nutrition and issues around food, health and environment. 

Autumn is a bizarre time of the year. Anything can happen. Like yesterday, I heard from my auntie's husband a funny story in the news. A cat had jumped on a swan and the bird naturally panicked and took off. The twist of the plot is, the cat didn't let go. The brave, possibly world's first flying cat, returned home soaken wet after a while. Miracles do happen. If cat's can fly, I can conquer my assignments and tasks! ;)






1 comment:

  1. Gotta love Blogger - why are there two pictures today and only one yesterday? This thing makes me schizophrenic!

    ReplyDelete