Friday, June 1, 2012

Fast visas and darn dragons

I don't think I'll be posting this often in the near future or on my trip, but it just so happens that even though I have a long list of what-to-do-before-Aussieland, I'm also finding to have occasional 15 minutes here and 30 minutes there to do what it is people do with spare time. Or then it's just the fact that I've been getting up before 6, little past 6 or if I'm lucky closer to 7  most mornings. Today I woke up at 9 when a lady from Elisa wanted me to buy their mobile phone. I must say, not having to write learning diaries, essays, or search for information for problem-based learning sessions is wonderful for the time being. Cleaning up closets has never been this satisfying.

I'm able to add a few new things to the list of "done", since I just got my visa for Australia. They sure are quick. I filled the application and paid for it in the afternoon, and after 5 or so hours I already have it. What does this mean? My strongest guess is that there's no rush to see the Australian winter. ;) 

My sis already asked what on earth is the name about. But like my fellow students from Tampere probably have figured it out (at least Jimmy did - I knew I could count on you!).

We had an excellent lecture on Human mobility course on vaccinations and travel health in general. The lecturer entertained us at the beginning by showing us this picture "The World according to America". Although it's a funny picture in general (says a proud European communist), I realized the perfect name for my blog that I had set up on one of the Child health lectures (multitasking, I was listening to the lecture too)! Here be dragons - naturally, how very logical! ;) 

Now I'm thinking if I should start reading a historical novel by this title too... I was so looking forward to Game of Thrones as my must read for the trip, that I might have to postpone reading about medieval love affairs in England. I really want to read about dragons AND love affairs. I think I go for the Game of Thrones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment