Saturday, June 23, 2012

Two is the number of nights, billion is the number of butterflies in my belly

In the middle of sorting out computer work (or whatever this is that I'm trying to do), I need to get some of the anxiety out of my system. :S 


It seems like everyone around me is having awesome time with mid-summer festivities, but my mind is not really even tuned up to that anymore. We did enjoy sauna at Rauhaniemi (one of my absolute favorite places in the WORLD) with my nephew and refreshing 15 degree swimming water. ;) Loved it, but it seems the diving part was stupid, because in the evening I had severely bad looking vampire eyes (BRIGHT red with small pupils), probably due to the pollen in the lake. Note to self: you are allergic even though you wish not to be. 


Our days have been filled with cleaning up, sorting, packing and for J taking stuff to the recycling station and shop. I'm glad I had the helper around, partially because of the tasked just mentioned, but also because he made some delicious chocolate muffins for us yesterday! He now knows that the dough has whipped eggs, because he forgot them first and we were wondering why the dough is so stiff... But got the problem fixed, and they turned out looking good and tasting lovely. All low FODMAP and in our case also gluten free. :) 


Two nights to go: I CANNOT BELIVE IT! I feel like I'm waiting for a hurricane to hit me. I know I still have preparations to do, but I'm afraid I forget to do things or something disastrous happening. But at least somethings done: Windows (almost) spotless, the flat somewhat clean, a lady renting my place for 7 weeks, have most of the samples, have packed most of my things and most of all: I cannot wait to hit Australian soil! I crave for new and exciting places and things to see and learn. My apologies to all, who've felt I'm not focused on what you are saying - my mind has left this place already. The rest of me will follow on Monday night. ;) 


Soundtrack of my insane days: Maroon 5, Ciara and of course, Gotye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment