Thursday, June 7, 2012

Acclimatization - check.

So, we've been enjoying +10-15 degrees for several weeks now. We saw some amazing gigs with Katherine, Bira and Jenni + her posse last Saturday at the central square in Tampere at YleX Pop. Only downside was the temperature, which lead to me having lovely, trendy blue lips. I'm more of a party-in-you-bikini kind of a girl, but I guess that's going to be a distant dream for me, because it seems that these are the temperatures I'll be hanging out for several months down under. Luckily, I love to ski and a trip to conquer the Kangaroo Hoppet ski marathon is on my list of things to experience. :)  

My head seems to be coming loose, because I seem to have loooooads to sort out before I go. But I must give myself credit for the things I've done. I'm a little shocked at the end of the "school year" of how quick it all went by. I think this is the busiest spring I've ever had (okay, perhaps May 2011 was bad too because I worked 40 hrs extra on top of my 8-16 working hours...), but somehow it seems that I've managed to get the best grades in years, had a major low FODMAP training for dietitians, arranged my training to Melbourne (though, could've started preparations a lot earlier again...),  written to blogs, read blogs,read topical books, been inspired by food and development issues to a whole new level, had my nephew over every now and again and I've even traveled. I'm happy I'm off soon, because I'm really missing my trips to the UK. I'm a little worried that there's no London trip booked, but who knows. I just checked Gotye's gig calender, and I think I ought to see them somewhere in Europe. An option could be London. If anyone's interested in joining me, holla. :) I've been neglecting the gig person in me for the whole winter, but I hear Melbourne is quite the artistic city, so I hope to see many gigs there - yay.

Before that I have a weekend filled with awesome friends to enjoy!No matter what the temperature.





No comments:

Post a Comment