Monday, June 25, 2012

AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGH! 


A very sophisticated start for the post, I know. I'm grinding my teeth together, occasionally pulling my hair, eating because I'm trying to distract myself (and empty the fridge), drinking loads of water (wishing it was beer) and generally fussing around. I'm constantly checking something from the computer and then going to the bedroom to see if magically there would be more space in my bag than at the previous glance. There never is. 


I still don't understand where to buy extra luggage online (though, I don't have an extra bag, unless I take my rug sack...) and whether it's even possible with my "cheap" tickets. And tomorrow this time, I'll have a billion more kilos because of the bread samples I'm getting. Seriously, I want to weep. I know this is a classic example of a first world problem. After all I'm off to the other side of the world to do a training and to see what's life is like out there. But it's probably going to be an expensive first world problem for me.


Good news is that I have my flat rented out for at least part of the trip and I finished ALL paperwork that I absolutely needed before the trip. These kind of trips are excellent for sorting out your things and getting rid of unneeded ones! I'm still going to continue this when I get back home. No excess things, though somethings are worth keeping for sentimental values (hence a pile of cards from loved ones stuffed in the drawer). More books from the library or selling the ones I've read. Clothes and shoes that match and that you truly wear. No need to have 20 candle holders when you only use 15. ;) 


The day has been grey and rain has been pouring down. It certainly makes leaving easier, although I was feeling really happy walking out in the rain today. Tampere is a beautiful place in the summer time and I wish to spend one of the upcoming summers here. I tend to move around so much that there's no guarantee when that's happening. :D All in all, I'm very excited to go, so if I started the blog with a level of enthusiasm at 85 %, it's now hundred and beyond.


So, guys and gals, I'm off to adventures tomorrow! ONE night to go!!!



Pic by Perminder @ Suomenlinna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment