Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Six short nights ahead?

Enjoying a morning brain blankness on the train to Vaasa. The last work day in months, and I must be honest - I'm really glad. Traveling 3 hours back and forth has become tiresome, although, I'm grateful for having this job that makes it possible for me to study and still keep up my dietitian skills. Or improve them to be exact. I've accepted that I'm never going to be ready as a professional, so I consider my work life as being about constant learning session. That's what makes it interesting too, I suppose. 

The reason for brain blankness is mostly my less than 6 hours of sleep and I'm now dreading of having more of those before I leave. It just seems that at 11pm I start having great ideas like learning to use my new mobile (guys, no more loosing of telephone numbers - can you imagine?!) and for tonight I was hoping to draw the pattern of my skirt, which I solemnly intend to sew before Monday next week. Got the material from Marimekko last weekend, and I MUST make it and take it with me - it's soooo fine! :) (Yes, this blog is going to include nonsense every now and again.) The new mobile has a dysfunction though. I have difficulties in answering it. :D My fellow train passengers must've been amused by my attempt to answer my phone (ringtone Bollywood...) just now... My silent apologies... :P

My nights might be short, but I did sleep fairly well, because against all odds, I managed to get some food samples from the producers! I'm really thankful that I don't have to use that much of my own money on buying samples. Since I don't have funding for my trip (except Eki and Sointu - in all honesty here), I take all the financial help I can get. Obviously doing science like this (not a part of any research group) doesn't come for free, but I'm pretty sure this will pay off. At least I'm so looking forward to working in the lab and seeing what we find out! I realised I might need to try and pay for extra luggage, because there's gonna be loads of food to carry. Should be interesting... Laukussani ei ole piimää (luojan kiitos), mutta leipää sitäkin enemmän ja marjajauheita myös. ;) Everyone, please, have your fingers and toes crossed, that I get past the customs in Australia with my parcels!

Okay, now I'm fairly awake, thanks to this blog writing. I think I ought to see which companies I could still call today... Feeling happy about yesterday's evening picnic with the girls and having donuts and coffee at Pyynikki yesterday afternoon. Thinking of happy moments with my lovely friends ought to put me through the day easily! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment